Skip to main content
Chesapeake Bay Tartan Sailing Club
Keeping Sailing in Your Future... Our 33nd Year
Tartan 27 Handbook
Wanted / For Sale
Tartan Owners Northeast
Tartan 34 Classic Assn
Switch To Threaded View
Return to Forum
1974 Tartan 30 Classic Sailboat
2/5/2018 2:22 PM
1974 Tartan 30 Classic Sailboat ($1000 Winter Discount if you buy before Feb end - makes a great summer starter!)
Extremely well cared for, many upgrades.
For more photos, see
this Craigslist post.
A MAIN point is this Tartan has been re-powered with a Lewmar Diesel with low hours. Engine runs very well, NO known issues and well maintained. A Diesel is VERY preferable over the normal Atomic 4 engines most Tartan's have.
This is the Center Galley configuration (with two aft quarter-berths) - this version is sought after since the interior has a better layout & more useful Galley/Icebox.
The boat handles very well and is a great sloop to sail. With a solid Genoa furler and Lazy Jacks StackPack on the main she can be on/off the mooring & sailing in under 5 minutes ! She has a tiller vs. a wheel which makes her very exciting to sail and provides more room in the Cockpit.
Some key items:
Numerous sets of sails in the inventory including
- Two Mains
- 3 Genoas (1 x 150 cruising, 1 x 150 Racing, 1 x Stormsail)
- 1 Spinnaker and full rigging, pole, lines, winches etc..
Setup & Included items
- Self Tailing winches
- Reef gear on the mast/boom
- RayMarine instruments (depth, speed, mast head wind direction/speed)
- New VHF Radio
- New Head (she has a holding tank)
- Pressurized Water
- Swim ladder mounted on the Transom
- Electronic ignition with all instruments and controls handy above deck, protected by a Plexi cover
- All interior cushions match and in excellent shape
- Full set of cockpit cushions (outdoor cushions so they are elements resistant)
- Full complement of Docking lines
- Cradle for Winter Storage (this alone has high value, and can be sold quickly if you don't need one)
- Bottom is very good condition and will be delivered with brand new bottom paint (ready for paint now post season) in your choice of color if we complete the deal.
- Topsides have been newly Emroned (just re-done last Spring)
- All running rigging in good condition
- 28 Lb Delta Plow Anchor
- 150' Anchor rode
- Marine AutoHelm (Stick version that connects to the tiller with remote control)
- Magnum gas grill
- Antenna on Mast head
- CD/AM-FM radio with Audio input jack for Mobile devices (all cords included)
- 12 Volt Charging port and also Dual USB charging ports
- Two solid batteries, one new 7/21/2017
- 30 Gal fresh water tank
- Auto Bilge Pump
- Manual Bilge pump
- Built-in ice box with added 2" insulation
- Dinette seats 4 (sleeps 1)
- Forward, V berth (sleeps 2)
- Aft, two quarter births (sleeps 2 comfortably)
- Overall sleeps 5 comfortably
- 20 Gal fuel tank, (approximately 1 Gal per hour at 5 knots (2200 RPM)
- Folding prop
- Cutlass bearing & non-drop shaft seal
- 2 Adult PDF live vests
- 2 Children PDF live vests
- 1 floatation cushion
- Flare gun, smoke flairs and hand flairs
- First aid kit
She is really turn key and I am happy to help you rig her in the Spring and provide a sailing introduction so you can get familiar.
Phone: 347 834 3415
Return to Forum